Wakamow Valley has unveiled an exciting new plan to install a unique playground in Connor Park. The existing, out of date, wooden structure is over 30 years old and will be the last to be replaced in the valley. The new playground, a Challenge Course designed for children of 13 years up to adults, is innovative and the first of it’s kind in Moose Jaw.
Margaret Moran, CEO of Wakamow Valley Authority explains: “There are some fantastic playgrounds in Moose Jaw which have been designed for the 3-12 year old age group. However we felt that kids of an older age were missing out on that opportunity to play.”
“Research has found that people of all ages enjoy healthy, independent play; not just organized sports. The desire to play is ageless and an important activity that positively contributes to the development of social skills, physical and mental health, and creativity.”
The Connor Park Challenge Course will be a fun, interactive obstacle course that provides opportunities for kids and adults alike, to engage in healthy play, friendly competition, socializing and physical activity. The goal is to raise $120,000 by summer 2017 which will be achieved through fundraising, private donations and grants.
As part of the fundraising campaign, Wakamow Valley will be holding a Steak Night on Thursday May 11 at the Crushed Can as well as a 50/50 raffle* which will be drawn in October. The Steak Night tickets are $20 each and the 50/50 tickets are $5 each with a maximum prize of $20,000.
If you would like to purchase tickets or make a donation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-692-2717.
* 50/50 Raffle – Rules of Play
- Tickets are sold for a cash prize only.
- Tickets will be sold individually for $5.00 per ticket.
- The cash prize will be 50% of the revenue from tickets sold.
- Wakamow Valley Staff and their immediate family member are not eligible.
- Draw will take place on Friday, October 6, 2017 at the office of Wakamow Valley – 276 Home Street East, Moose Jaw.
- The owner of the winning ticket will be notified via phone or email as provided by the owner on ticket. Winner need not be present to win.
- The winning ticket number and name of winner will be posted on Wakamow Valley’s social media platforms: website www.wakamow.ca, Facebook@WakamowValley
- Winner must pick up cash prize in person upon presentation of winning ticket.
- Unclaimed prizes will be held for one year, then will be donated to a charity approved by SLGA.
- Tickets may only be purchased or sold within the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Maximum tickets printed 8,000.
Saskatchewan Lottery Licence Number: # RR17-0018