The Sportsman's Centre Event Hall
The Sportsman’s Centre Event Hall has the atmosphere and character of a heritage building and can comfortably accommodate up to 200 people for a sit-down meal. The hall features: a hardwood dance floor, fully equipped kitchen, bar area, an alcove, stage with sound system and ceiling mounted projector screen, adjustable lighting, air conditioning, ample parking and is wheelchair accessible.
Groups have the flexibility to use their own caterers and supply liquor themselves (with the correct SLGA permit). The kitchen is equipped with two ovens and eight stove top burners, a microwave, a proofing oven, two refrigerators, a freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker, and urns and a large beverage cooler in the bar area.
The rental fees below include full use of the kitchen, round and rectangular tables, chairs, 100 lbs of ice (with a minimum 2 day rental) and use of jiggers for bar service.
Download the Sportsman Centre Booking Form.
At time of booking a non-refundable $200.00 booking deposit is required. Wakamow Valley is a non-profit organization. All proceeds from facility rentals go towards the maintenance of park facilities.
Effective January 24, 2019 rental rates are as follows:
Peak Season (April 1st – October 31st)
|Weekday rate (Monday-Thursday)
||Weekend rate* (Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
* Two day minimum rental required at weekends during peak season
Winter Season (November 1st – March 31st)
In addition to the rates above we also offer a weekend one day rate of $550. Set up included.
|White dishes/cutlery/glassware for 250 people||$300.00|
|Wine or water glasses (minimum 100 glass rental).||$0.50 each|
|Tablecloths are available for rent, in a variety of colors (gold, royal blue, red, sandalwood, forest green, navy, maroon, black, white and ivory)||$9.00 each|
|17ft table skirts (8 white/8 black)||$25.00 each|
** Please note:
- Christmas Eve/Day/Boxing Day and New Years Eve/Day are deemed as peak rental periods and will be charged the peak season weekend rate regardless of what day the holiday falls on.
- The South Saskatchewan Wildlife Association gun range is located beneath the Sportsman’s Centre hall. Between September and May, the SSWA practice on Thursday evenings, Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons which can be heard in the hall above.
- A refundable damage deposit of $250 will be required before possession of the hall takes place. We accept only Visa, MasterCard or a signed blank cheque for the damage deposit.
- If assistance is needed during the rental, the call may be subject to a $100 charge, depending on the nature of the call. This will be at the discretion of Wakamow Valley Authority. False alarms will be subjected to a $100/alarm call fee.
- SOCAN fees are the responsibility of the renter and will be applied to final invoice.